Ask a Collision Technician a Question - We Have All the Answers!
Frequently Asked Questions Have a Question? We May Already Have the Answer!
- How can I get a rental vehicle?
- If you are in need of a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements. Insurance companies typically only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. If you aren’t sure about whether you have this policy or not, you may want to call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and if there are any limitations.
- If my vehicle’s frame is damaged, is it a total loss?
- No. A car is a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company’s determined value of your vehicle. Our ASE certified technicians use state-of-the-art measuring systems to assess your frame for damage. Typically, we can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If we believe that the frame section is bent beyond repair, that section will be replaced. Today, most cars are built using a uni-body design (frame and body as one) construction. This means we have a greater probability of repairing the frame of your vehicle.
- Can you match the paint color?
- Yes. Our modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. We constantly upgrade our paint system technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle’s paint matches its original factory finish. Additionally, our body shop only uses the best water-based paint, which doesn’t make your vehicle smell or cause harm to the environment. We are proud of our ability to match factory finish colors in an environmentally friendly way, and know that you will be satisfied with the finished result.
- Can I get other service work done on my vehicle while it is in the body shop?
- Yes. We can provide any service that you need done, just let your body shop advisor know which services you’d like so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
- How long will the repair to my vehicle take?
- The length of time needed to repair your vehicle depends on the repairs needed. Your service advisor can give you an estimate of the time it will take, but every situation is different. Be sure to check with your collision center advisor for the specifics of your vehicle.
- Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my vehicle for repair?
- Yes. The Velde Ford Body Shop will generally order the necessary parts when we write your estimate. Unless it is unsafe for you to drive your vehicle, we will schedule your drop-off date a couple of days later. If you are in need of a rental, we would be happy to arrange one for you.
- How will I know when my vehicle is done?
- Your auto repair advisor will notify you when your vehicle is ready for pick up. You are welcome to call or email your advisor throughout the process if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, your advisor will be in touch.
- Do I have to pay a deductible?
- It depends. Your insurance policy determines the amount of deductible you are responsible for. If you aren’t sure about the deductible, you can call your collision advisor and he or she can tell you whether or not your insurance company has waived your deductible.
- Whom do I pay a deductible to?
- If your insurance company has not waived your deductible, the deductible will be paid to Velde Ford Collision Center when you pick up your vehicle. If you are unsure about your deductible, your insurance company can tell you whether your deductible has been waived or whether it will be your responsibility.